Komodo Island Tourism
Komodo Island in the New 7 Wonders
The island is a very booming since the announcement of the 7 finalists who entered the new 7 wonders of nature. Komodo Island could fit in the 7 finalists. The island victory by counting up to 11-11-2011. And on Saturday (12/11), the official website www.new7wonders.com, Komodo Island name listed there in fifth place. Only, also mentioned that the serial number displayed in alphabetical order, not the number of votes. But Komodo Island is still a winner while, until the announcement of the winners in the new 7 wonders true. We as a nation of Indonesia, in order to give full support to this event.
Komodo Island National Park
Komodo Island is located in the Nusa Tenggara islands. Comes to national parks Komodo Island is located between the two islands of Sumbawa and Flores islands between the border of East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) and West Nusa Tenggara (NTB). The park consists of 3 major islands or island is a little big of Komodo Island, the island Rica, and Padar islands and several small islands with a land area of 603 km2.
In 1910 the Dutch named the island the nickname of Komodo Island. This story begins with Lieutenant Steyn van Hens Broek who tries to prove statements about the presence of Dutch troops large animal resembling a dragon on the island. Steyn then kill the dragon and bring documentation to the Museum and Botanical Garden in Bogor to be investigated.
The island is known as a habitat for native Komodo dragon. On this island, komodo animals breed well. Until August 2009, on the island in 1300, there are dragons tail.
Komodo dragons in the wild habitat has shrunk and hence IUCN include dragons as a species vulnerable to extinction. This large lizard is now protected under Indonesian law and a national park was established to protect them.
Not only to see the island of komodo dragons just this, tp there are several interesting locations to visit include:
1. Loh Liang: a tourism concession area managed by PT. Putri Naga Komodo (PNK PT). Activities that can be done such as observations of the Komodo dragon, deer, wild boar, bird watching, canoeing etc..
2. Red Beach: a beautiful beach with a shallow reef charming. Usual activities undertaken by tourists who visit are snorkeling or sun bathing.
3. LohSebita: LohSebita a mangrove areas and activities that are interesting enough to do bird watching and trekking.
4. LohBuaya: a tourism concession area dielola by PT. Putri Naga Komodo (PNK PT). Activities that can be done such as observations of the Komodo dragon, deer, buffalo, birds, long-tailed monkeys, wild horse, bird watching, canoeing, etc..
5. Kalong Island: Activities that can be visited include the observation colony of bats in large numbers. The most interesting observation was made during late afternoon when the bats started out in search of food.
6. Golo Code: From the top of the hill known as Golo Code, visitors can see the panorama and landscape are quite fantastic because the representation of various types of ecosystems can be seen from this place.
7. Molo Strait: Strait which has a heavy flow like water flowing river at high tide.
There are 36 dive sites in the TN area. Komodo.Frequented by foreign tourists for diving and snorkeling namely: Tatawa Island, Red Beach, Gililawa Sea, LohDasami, Pillar Steen, BatuBolong and Taka Napier.
To reach this place can be done by road through the land around Bali - Mataram (Lombok Island) Bima - Sape (Sumbawa P.), and then continued to travel by ferry every day to Labuan Bajo. From Labuan Bajo visitors can visit the Komodo National Park boat or speedboat. Another alternative is by air, visitors can use air transportation from Bali (Denpasar) to Labuan Bajo every day with the airline's penerpangan them; Indonesian Air Transport (IAT), Pigeons, and Trigana.www.mytrumatch.com Den Haag Restaurant, Retail, Hotel Jobs